Bubblehead Reveals What Will Happen In 2008

I'm a little late getting to my "Predictions for 2008" post, and it's past my bedtime, so I'm kinda winging this one. We'll see how I do at the end of the year.

1) In carryovers from the last two years, we won't invade Iran, and President Bush and Vice President Cheney won't be impeached.

2) This article is wrong -- the nominees for the Presidential election have already been decided; all that's left is for the political trends already in evidence to play themselves out. In November, the Republican McCain-Thompson ticket will beat the Democratic Clinton-Evan Bayh pairing by 51-46% in the popular vote, and something like 296-242 in the Electoral College. In a replay of 2000, the Democrats will pick up seats in the Senate despite losing the Presidency.

3) A team from some conference other than the SEC will win the college football championship in January 2008, breaking a 2 year streak.

4) There will be fewer U.S. submarines making the news than in 2007, which is a Good Thing.

5) "Speed Racer" will be a surprisingly good movie.

If I come up with any more, I'll let you know. Feel free to share your predictions in the comments.