One Million Visitors

Sometime yesterday morning, my Sitemeter showed that TSSBP passed the 1,000,000 visit plateau over the last 4+ years. Thanks to all who've visited and commented over the years! I'm also closing in on the 2 million page view milestone, which we should pass sometime early next month.

While we're on the subject of blog admin, I figured I'd fill you in on what'll be happening the next few weeks. We fly to Seattle on Monday for my cancer surgery on Tuesday; I expect that blogging will be light while I'm recovering in the hospital, since I'll probably only be able to post from my phone. If anyone in the Seattle area would like to visit me at Virginia Mason Medical Center downtown between about the 18th and 25th, please drop me an E-mail [joel(dot)bubblehead(at)gmail(dot)com], and I'll send you my cell phone number. As Toby said in this season's opening episode of The Office, "It's nice to have visitors."

Finally, moving on to the "Proud Parent" portion of this post. We found out yesterday that our middle child is officially a National Merit Scholarship Finalist, which means his out-of-state tuition to Washington State University should be substantially covered next year. Hooray!