Nuclear Power School Instructor Recruiting Video

Couldn't pass up posting this recruiting video from the Navy to try to get college students to become Nuke School Instructors, although I don't necessarily recommend watching the whole thing -- it's incredibly boring.



I for one am thankful for the Navy program whereby they make people officers and tell them their job is to put on an officer uniform and teach for four years without ever going to sea; this way, sea-going Sailors don't have to worry about having to fill a whole bunch of really cushy shore duty slots. I'm also thankful that young Sailors can learn that, although "Direct Input Limited Duty Officer" makes for a fun acronym, these Direct Input Officers aren't really Limited Duty Officers. (Actually, I don't even know if they call them Direct Input Officers anymore.) And I won't even go into how many enlisted Sailors first enjoyed the illicit thrill of having sex with an officer with these teachers, because I'm sure that's no longer a "problem" like it was back in the day.