The Great American Nuke Novel

A new reader pointed out a "book" written by a nuke on USS Olympia and stored on Oregon State University's server. I haven't read the whole thing, but it's a no-crap book, 200 pages in total, with chapters and everything. (It looks like it has 12 full chapters, plus 8 more that are waiting to be fleshed out.) Especially useful are the appendices, with discussions of nuclear power and submarine movies, along with a really good glossary. An excerpt:
Then I got to the Oly, SRB in hand, and they said
"You have just made the worst mistake
That a young sailor can"
And, on my first underway, I knew they were right
It's a really, really sh**ty job
And there's just no end in sight
Last thing I remember
I was running for the brow
"I think I've had enough of this
And I want to go home now"
"Relax" said the topside "we all need to relieve"
"You're the newest NUB on board, and you can never
leave"
-Hotel 717, from the EM Log
It could be worth a read; the first six chapters are the author's experience in the nuke pipeline (including a stint in Idaho), so all nukes can appreciate that part. Hopefully the book will get fleshed out and get a publisher -- I'd buy it.