Submarine CO/XO Screening

Blunoz has up the list of submarine officers who screened for CO and XO this year, at the end of this post that also has a fairly good explanation of sub officer career progression. Going over the list, I noticed at least three guys who were my students at NPTU Charleston back in '93-'95 are on the CO list -- that was enough to make me feel pretty old. On the other hand, I know that it'll still be at least a couple of years until they actually get command, so I can make myself feel somewhat younger by realizing that it's my peers who are in command now -- like my old SOAC classmate who just took USS Jacksonville (SSN 699) out on deployment. (Interesting tidbit: CDR Kropcho is on his 3rd tour on the Jacksonville; he also did part of his JO tour and his XO tour on her.) I sure hope they get a better mid-deployment voyage repair port than USS Dallas (SSN 700) scored; she has to spend her upkeep in Diego Garcia. At least there's little risk of liberty incidents there.