Where Have You Gone, EM Log Blogger?

Over the last couple of months, many of us have enjoyed the great sea stories put out by "Free The Nucs" over at The EM Log. Sometime this week, it looks like his blog got deleted -- probably not accidentally, since the subheader says "Closed Until Further Notice". It's too bad, 'cause there was a lot of good material there, both in the posts and in the comments.

Free The Nucs, if you're out there, let us know what happened here in the comments.

Update 1813 10 July: A reader sent in the RSS feed of FTN's last post, titled "Open Mic Night", before the blog got deleted. It might contain a clue to what happened:
It looks like I'm going to be working some severe hours for the foreseeable future. While that's sure to result in some great angst-inspired stories later on, who knows when I will have time to write them down?

With this in mind, I'd like to encourage you to submit your own Log-worthy sea stories; you can either post them as a comment, or email them to me via the link on the right. No one's worried about spelling, grammar, or language, but please edit out any last names or NNPI before you submit them. The log gets between 300 - 500 hits a day (most of them folks just like you), so this is a great chance to tell your tale.
I've got a feeling it wasn't a "Big Navy-induced" shutdown (such as what happened to the active-duty guys of the Greeneville ART). Still, I'd like to know what happened, so hopefully we'll hear from FTN himself.

Update 0650 16 July: We still haven't heard from FTN, but I'll let you know if I ever do. The comments here have kind of degenerated, so for the first time I'm cutting off comments to a post. I appreciate that people, especially some active duty guys, like to comment anonymously, and I'm normally glad to support that. However, when it turns into one troll personally attacking some regular commenters, I reserve the right to take action. In the past, I've arbitrarily started deleting the troll's comments, and that seemed to work. (No one wants to spend a lot of time typing if they know no one's going to see it.) To the "Anonymous" who seems to be stationed on the MSP -- yes, I'm talking about you.