It's Good To Be CO

Navy NewsStand has a picture of the CO of my old boat USS Connecticut (SSN 22) and a guest:

From the caption:
Groton, Conn. (Feb. 6, 2007) - Cmdr. Daniel Christofferson, commanding officer of the fast attack submarine USS Connecticut (SSN 22) shows Miss Connecticut 2006 Heidi Voight the ship’s periscope during a tour of the boat.
My first two boats were the "tour boats" of their squadrons; Topeka because we were the newest PacFleet SSN for about a year, and Connecticut because we were the newest SSN period. Being the "tour boat" meant you had to keep the forward part of the boat "inspection ready" at all times, so that sucked, but I personally liked giving the tours. I've found that unless the CO is a suck-up like some I knew or heard about, he'll normally pass on the tour guide duties to the XO or Duty Officer unless it's he was ordered to give the tour himself -- or unless the guest is someone like Miss Connecticut. Captain Christofferson made a wise choice...