FY11 URL Flag List Released

Although the ALNAV hasn't been released yet, word on the street is that the following Submarine Officers have been selected for O-7:

CAPT Dave M. Duryea
CAPT Dietrich H. Kuhlmann III
CAPT Frederick J. Roegge
CAPT Phillip G. Sawyer
CAPT Joseph E. Tofalo

This list might not be exhaustive; it's just everyone on the list who I know (or am pretty sure) is an 1120. Interestingly, the list is a lot later than last year; the FY10 list was released on 11 Feb in 2009. Of the five officers listed, the one I know best is RADM RDML (sel) "Fritz" Roegge. He was my last CO on USS Connecticut (SSN 22) when I was Eng, and while I didn't necessarily like his Engineer leave policy (to not allow the Eng to take leave, even with his relief on board, to drive his family cross-country for a PCS move when the Eng got extended three months due to an unscheduled BATREP), I really liked his command style, and always thought that had I earned Command I would have emulated him more than any of my other COs. He is the first of my sub COs to earn his flag, and I thought he was the most likely of the five I had to make it.

What do you think about the list? Be nice (if possible)...

Bell-ringer 1519 28 Mar: Corrected the abbreviation for 1 star Admiral.

Update 1513 30 Mar: Here's the ALNAV. Looks like the list above is accurate.