Cookin' It Bachelor Style

With SubBasket and our daughter off on a fun trip to Salt Lake City, the Bubblehead house has a very masculine vibe going on this week. I got manly steaks to cook up for dinner tonight; this was before I found out that my oldest son had to go to work before my youngest got back from football practice. I didn't want either of them to miss out, though, so I figured I'd cook up the steak for the oldest before he left.

He likes his very rare (like I do), so we figured it'd be a waste of charcoal to cook it up on our grill. Since we're guys, we came up with an alternate solution -- the good old George Foreman:

Like I said, it was a manly steak. After the outside got all nice and brown, we checked out the inside, and found that it was still pretty much cold and uncooked. That's OK, because we had technology on our side!

About a minute and a half in the microwave made for a perfectly edible rare steak. Manly perseverance and mad cooking skillz come through again!