Road Trip!

The Kennedy boys are taking off bright and early Friday morning to drive to Seattle for PAX -- the 4th annual Penny Arcade Expo for everything having to do with video games. We went shopping tonight for approved guy road trip food; here's what we bought:

That should be enough to get the three of us there. My teenage sons wanted to go to the Expo because they're uber-gamers, but you might be wondering what why a boring old man would want to spend his 44th birthday surrounded by teenage nerdcore aficianados. The answer is -- I really have no idea what will be happening at this place. The only thing I know is that there apparently aren't going to be Booth Babes, which is disappointing. I'm hoping there might be some exhibits from the people who make submarine simulations, so I can possibly review those games. Other than that, I'm just going to enjoy spending time with my sons before they start heading off in a couple of years.

If I have Internet access, I'll try to file some reports. If not, I'll tell you what happened sometime next week.

Update 2330 26 Aug: Just got back; there weren't any submarine games there. I'll submit a trip report sometime later this week anyway.