Notes From Around The 'Net

Eric (of The Sub Report fame) recently visited USS Texas (SSN 775) when she was in PEV PCAN and has a report with lots of pictures.

Another submarine blogger sent me a link to the website of this guy running for State Representative in Kansas; he's my new political hero -- a web geek on a mission. This is the kind of campaign I would run if I ever lost my mind and ran for office. I almost considered running for office this year -- even though I knew I wouldn't win, my current State Senator is such an extreme "black helicopter" conspiracy theorist that I felt it would be an insult to democracy to let her run unopposed; luckily, we got a good candidate to run against her. I got far enough in my thinking about it to come up with a slogan, though: "Joel Kennedy: Meridian Values, Real World Solutions, No Conspiracy Theories". It would have looked great on a billboard...

Last, and certainly least, enjoy this 10 second fake video of a jet launched from a submarine: