Submarine Song -- Out In The Wild

G-Man over at USS Dolphin has discovered that what many submariners have feared would happen has come to pass -- the sacred "Submarine Song" has been posted on YouTube (very, very Bad Word warning):



I guess I knew it had to happen someday. I don't blame these Submariners for posting it -- it's important that our heritage be recorded for posterity. That being the case, I should point out that this version is normally the one you "sing" when there are skimmers in the bar and you want them to punch you. (Remember: Don't sing it to skimmers unless they outnumber you by less than 2:1 -- while all Submariners can beat up two skimmers at a time, it gets dicier when it's 3 on 1.) The normal version chanted when there are just Submariners present ends thusly: "...gobble gobble goo; we're Submariners, who the f___ are you?"

Another Submarine secret goes by the wayside. Since it's not tactically important, I guess I'm OK with it.