Mystery-lanche

This, my 900th posting in what will be exactly three and a half years of blogging one week from today, will simply remark upon a mystery.

Or "mystery-lanche"!

I recently saw from my traffic counter that on January 30th, I got about 500 visits and 800 page views -- about ten times normal daily traffic!

I didn't notice that, however, until several days went by, and the free statcounter only keeps info on the last 100 visits, so I have no idea where they came from and what they were reading! And nobody left any comments to give a clue what they were reading. I wish I knew who posted a link here, and to what.

Or maybe, but less likely, everyone just was interested in the electoral college and found me by googling about it (one of my perrenial high-traffic google-search postings), because of Super Tuesday perhaps?

Oddly, the same thing happened about a year ago in December 2006 -- the reason also still a mystery!