Senator Barack Obama In Boise

Senator Obama came to Boise early this morning, and drew over 14,000 people to hear his stump speech. Let me repeat -- he drew over 14,000 in Boise, Idaho. I'm still standing pat on my prediction that Sen. McCain will beat Sen. Clinton in the general election, but if the Democrats are smart enough to nominate Sen. Obama, I think he'd win in November.

Don't get me wrong -- there's no way any Democrat wins Idaho's electoral votes in the fall. But if he can draw that many people here in Boise, it means he's tapped into something the country hasn't seen in a while; something to which I, as a realist, am apparently immune. I watched his speech on TV, and wasn't really that impressed. People who were there, however, reported that they were completely overwhelmed by his sincerity. Sincerity doesn't win wars, but it can win votes. If Sen. Obama can get the nomination, I think it'll be time for Republicans to focus on keeping at least 41 votes in the Senate.